Friday 17 May 2013

You know you're having twins when....

My last appointment with my doctor - she'll be doing my c-section
on Monday morning. 
1. People have been asking from 6 months on, "oh, are you due soon?"

2. Even your maternity shirts aren't long enough to cover your growing bump.

3. You can't see your belly button when you're standing up, let alone your feet. 

4. Your belly stretches so much that parts of it become numb to the touch.

5. You kind of forget how big your belly is and keep bumping it when you open doors.

6. You use your laptop on your lap and can't see the keyboard.

7. You've been for so many ultrasounds and exams that the people know you at the labs.

Sometimes it feels very surreal that we are having twins. We have everything ready for the two of them; a big crib for them to share, two carseats, a double stroller, oodles of diapers and clothes and bottles and  pacifiers. I've done ten ultrasounds, and every time I see the two of them, hear their heartbeats, and as they've grown I can feel them kicking, pushing and rolling inside me. And yet I think it will still only be "real" to me when I see them both born and hold them in my arms. Three days to go!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see the girls next week...if you can muster up the energy to post a photo, of course. I totally wouldn't blame you if you didn't. I didn't know there was a such thing as a crib for twins. Sounds like a good deal though. We borrowed Summer's crib (where she still sleeps) and don't know what we're going to do for our next child, but I'm willing to let him sleep in a cardboard box for a little while as we transition Summer to a big girl bed (mattress on the floor.) Sounds ghetto, I realize, but I'd rather save cash on a newborn sleeping area.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...