Wednesday 30 January 2013

Gettin' my Mojo Back!

Whew! It's been a looooong few weeks. After a pretty rough and exhausting first trimester, I was so ready to put all those initial pregnancy symptoms to rest and settle in for a great second trimester. Boy, was I wrong. "Morning sickness" lasted well until at least 16 weeks and I think just after I started to feel a little more "normal" I got hit by a massive sinus cold/cough that lasted a good three weeks. If you know me, you know that I hardly ever get sick, like, at all. I have the immune system of a horse and a stomach of steel. :) So to be knocked down for three weeks felt like an eternity for me. I had to resort to antibiotics (doctor's recommendation) to kick this sinusitis.

So now I am finally feeling back to "normal" - um, except for the ever growing belly and a few second trimester symptoms. I've got so much more energy and I figure I've got to put it to good use in the next few weeks before I really get huge! There's so much to do before the babies arrive. We are getting our guest room ready for my parents (mom is coming to stay and help for hopefully two months or more) and of course we have to make room for the twins and all the baby paraphernalia that accompanies newborns.

In the midst of my hazy sickness, we managed to throw a belated party for Lucas, only accomplished with lots of help from my mother-in-law! So I'll be back with details on his "Construction" themed party and of course, lots more pregnancy and kid posts before life gets crazy in May.

Thanks for sticking around and reading!




1 comment:

  1. Aren't you lucky to have your mom there for two months?!

    I am glad you are finally feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...